Monday, July 23, 2007

On Intership and Internet

Vacations have started and I find myself sitting in a royal throne(devoid of backrest) in the offices of iMediaBlitz Solutions in Gurgaon.This honour is given to me in the capacity as an intern in the 40 head strong IITian initiated startup. As I recall the numerous days and nights spend worrying about how to land an internship which would give me a chance to actually learn something over these 2 months,I can almost laugh,and not pleasantly.

Its been 7 days here and I have learnt how to surf the net to keep yourself busy while actually accomplishing anything.Given the task of finding a script that would allow my employers to put up a classifieds site, I spent the first 2 days assiduously scouring the lanes and bylanes of the internet for such a tool. At the end of those two days, however my task was done and I reportted my recommendations to the owners.

Since then they seem to have forgotten that I exist.As I sit here in my cubicle listening to everyone else go about the business of S/W development,I cant help but feel a bitter taste in my mouth.There's people in the world who are going around doing the process of thinking, learning,growing and here I am stuck in this land where I am the intern who knows the most about Web Development and I am the one who has had no real work to for the last week.

Absolutely Disgusting.

And commuting to this place takes bloody ages,as a consequence of which any sort of studying has been put on an indefinite hold.

On the bright side, having the internet all to myself has good effect.I have some ideas which I have been considering for some time but couldn't pursue for one reason or the other.Now I have unlimited access to the biggest repository of information on the earth and today onwards I hope to put it to good use.

Its a pity they wouldn't let me download movies here sad.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment