Monday, July 23, 2007

The Future

With the placement season almost out of the way(and before you start asking for a treat, no,I havent got a bumper paycheck sad.gif ), its time to ponder about the future.

Pondering is something al NSITians seem to be brilliant at!I saw it when some C grade companies refused to allow MPA to sit for their tests. You'd think that the kind of haalat the MPA guys were in w.r.t. jobs, there would be a bout of intense slogging from them for the remaining jobs-but no.What followd was a bout of Pondering.MPA pondering as to what to do now, how to 'make their voice heard' *ROTFL*, 'Who th f*** adviced me to do MPA' and 'ab hamaara kya hoga'; All the other branches pondering what MPA should do now, how MPA should make its voice heard(again *ROTFL*), 'who the hell advice them to do MPA', and 'ab inka kya hoga'!!!!!Really NSIT needs no reason to indulge in pondering and nonstp BCD. laugh.gif

But comng bak to the point,these are my options:
1.Landing DE Shaw(humph...fat chance-considering that IBM-ISL is still B-cat and tiddi is still elegible(for those who don't know-tiddi is bharat garg.he is also the guy cursed to clear all writtens and gloriously fail in almost every interview.Also, he is in IBM-ISL).With the rest of my class high IQ waali junta making noises about giving the written at all costs,his option is pretty much outta the window.But still...writing options like this makes it appear that i have a lot of options.

2.Crack CAT.*HAHAHAHAHAHA* Wit scores so low you cant see them from ground level, this seems a tall order, esp. with guys cracking 70 in mocks in which I yield 36 sad.gif .If I am not among the top 7-8 CAT aspirants in my class, then it is very difficult to beat guys from all over the country.AndDI section ne to solve hone ki rakhi hi nahin hai! Besides I find I have no motivation for it. Every day I find myself more amenable to coding than to solvingquant questions. Tech is exciting,challenging and a damn sight moer interesting than interpreting huge masses of no.s.Beside not every highly paid person in this world is an MBA.

However, there is always this feeling of havibg made a commitment to at least the written part of the MBA admission procedure, and if it can be managed with a reasonable amount of hard work,I intend to do it.This way, I dont feel all disapointed that I auseless,cant compete with any no. of people,AND it prevents my parents from killing me(anybody can fail in the interviews right???)

3.Join Flex.This seems to be the most likely. A pity they aren't paying nearly enough.But I suppose that will come with time.


So, fingers crossed...lets see what happens.DE Shaw on the campus on Sept 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment