Thursday, September 20, 2007

On the Tao Of Physics#6

And Mr. Sankara replies:

Hi kislay

Have read ur entire mail. Ur arguments about UNIX processes is quite interesting to read. Nice one, I must say.
As far as bomb case is concerned, u have got me wrong, I was quoting it to substantiate my arguments regarding not being receptive about a particular thing and not as an example for instinct.

Yes, we are talking about a hard gained skill. What Capra is trying to say probably is that the efforts needed for getting that "hard gained skill" is very similar to what an eastern mystic goes through. That's why he made a comparison.

Also I talked to Gaurav Singh ( COE guy, jo bahut lamba hai and b-ball team captain)about ur post. He also said something very similar about instinct being the result of subconscious mind. In fact that's what they are trying to model in their idea for a paper on automatic essay evaluation. So I think we do have a convergence of views there.

I am not arguing about that UNIX process thing as I don know anything about neural networks or that feyman's theories. So I reserve my comments. If at all I do get something to read on that and if I don agree with u, I shall raise those points.

Also, I think I am understanding objectivism now. For more I read about hindu philosophy ( once again the vedantic philosophy which considers vedas as the defining text on hinduism), I feel there is some sort of convergence between the vedic philosophy and objectivism. I plan to read some books on hindu philosophy, notably works of vivekananda and some commentaries of adi shankara on various upanishads etc.

Once I read that, I think I wud have a decent understanding of hinduism and will be able to better comment on the following question.

"Has Ayn Rand, been inspired by certain ideas of our philosophy?"

Also, I suggest u try reading few of those and more importantly try to get the true meaning of it by transcending the obvious ones.

How is the work pressure there? Did u finally understood your role in the organization?

Now that CAT notification is out, I am back to square one as far as clarity of my career path is concerned.

Regards
shankar

No comments:

Post a Comment