Friday, March 14, 2008

The Scientific Method # 2

My first reply:

Hey,

In my opinion, both your statements are correct.

Vis-s-vis the second statement, I would like emphasise that I don't mean
that the process of scientific enquiry is wrong.
By the process I mean the hypothesise-test-conclude-rehypothesise(if
wrong) process. What I mean is that we may not at all times know what
questions to ask and how to ask them. This might introduce problems in the
scientific process.

Am I clear or do I need to write one of my trademark massive mails?? smile.gif

Kis~


And to this mail, shankar replied :

I do not mind your trademark massive mails.

But do you think, certain formulae and certain equations can capture the
essence of the phenomenon?

Say for example, u want to understand the motion of a particle in space?
What do u think will be the best way to "understand it". By understanding
it, I mean can u feel its motion?


Best Regards,
Sankara Narayanan

No comments:

Post a Comment