Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lyrics - One man army

This song is based on a true story of a battle between the English  and the Vikings in 1066 A.D. where one viking held a bridge against the entire attacking English army which allowed the hugely outnumbered vikings to escape to fight another day (They were eventually defeated in the war though). This is basically a heavy metal documentary on the events of the day.


I open my eyes, to a blood red dawn
with my brothers, in a land unknown
and now the foe, come marching in
I draw my blade, and pray to Odin.

Five to one, horses and feet
I swallow my pride, and begin to retreat
Over a bridge, I turn and roar
my brothers are dead, I can run no more

He turns and stands upon the bridge so none of  them can pass
with threats and taunts and sneers and barbs he begins to harass
They rush him with their arms to finish what he has begun
to find that weapons wouldn't bite upon this lonely one

Their heads and hands and legs and lives he takes to keep as his
the man forgotten long ago a berserker now lives
The day grows old the line grows thin the carnage carries on
a savage god come unto earth upon his grisly throne

lo! there do I see my father
lo! there do I see my mother and my brothers and my sisters
lo! there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning
lo! they call unto me and bid me take my place among them
in Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

A spear strikes, upon my back
with no honour, cowards attack
my brothers are safe, at our fleet
I smile and join, the gods at their feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment